February 21, 2013

Short Film: IF ONLY

IF ONLY is a gritty, hard hitting short filmed aimed at individuals who may be involved in gang and violent youth crime or influenced by it. The […]
February 17, 2013

Carnival Trinidad &Tobago 2013

| by Nadia Akram | As any Trinidadian will tell you, the past few days in Trinidad and Tobago have been truly phenomenal. Monday 11th and […]
November 30, 2012

French Guiana embraces the Jamaican style

by Deans Myers Located in South America, French Guiana tells the tale of sweet reggae music thrilling the hearts and souls of fans living in this […]
November 29, 2012

Basil Linx: The Black Family Foundation

Welcome to my column designed to be thought provoking, challenging and even uncomfortable for some.  However as an uncompromising Pan-African I make no apology.   The Black […]
November 21, 2012

Vision receives BEFFTA award for: Best Community Newspaper

Sir Trevor McDonald OBE honoured with Lifetime Achievement Award The 4th annual BEFFTA (Black Entertainment Film Fashion Television and Arts) Awards 2012 were held at the Hippodrome […]
November 19, 2012

Natural Balancing Wood Beads

For those with a passion for fashion, the new trend of wearing over-sized beads will not have gone unnoticed. In London the colourful accessories are made […]
October 18, 2012

The Cherry Tree Trust – Where Community Matters

by Fiona Small and  Francesca Quaas Lee Lawrence is the founder of the Cherry Tree Trust and son of Cherry Rose who inspired the foundation. With […]
October 10, 2012

Straight from Yard with DJ Amber

Lyrical Battle heating up for Christmas Season The very popular Sting show is the one that highlights clashes between artists. At the moment we have a […]
October 8, 2012

Black History Month – a thing of the past

by Nadine White   Black History Month, as we know it, came to the UK in 1987. This was at a time where there was a […]
September 19, 2012

Beaming Bright

by Nadine White It’s September and school’s back on! Cue the hustle and bustle, the new syllabus and ‘The Sutara Academy of Performing Arts’ (SAPA). It […]
September 17, 2012

Gifted at primary and failing by secondary

Welcome to my column designed to be thought provoking, challenging and even uncomfortable for some.   However as an uncompromising Pan-African I make no apology.   Gifted […]
September 11, 2012

The Queen of Trench Town – Lorna Stanley

by Fiona Small   After observing the large number of young children not attending school in Trench Town, Kingston due to violence and/or financial hardships, Lorna […]
//]]>