July 22, 2022 | By Hopeton O’Connor-Dennie |
INDECOM serves notice on female District Constable Kathy Smith, for August 3, 2022, who will be interviewed then. She is the baby mother of Constable Noel Maitland who is having an alleged affair with another woman, a civilian Social Media Influencer who has gone missing for over (8) eight days now and is feared dead. This civilian completes the alleged love triangle. Two police officers and a female civilian are involved.
Is this a Netflix movie in the making? You be the judge.
Refuse To Give Statement
It was reported by a senior police officer, that the baby mother, who is a district Constable in the love triangle has refused to give a statement to the police. Deputy Commissioner of Police Fitz Bailey confirmed this at a recent news conference on the love triangle debacle. Does she have something to hide?
INDECOM Gets Involved In Love Triangle debacle
Tongues have been wagging on social circles and in particular social media inboxes regarding allegations that two members of the security forces and a 24 year old female Social Media Influencer named Donna Lee Donaldson has been having a rocky relationship with two members of the security forces.
*Violation* *Of* *Rights*
1) I am a bit uncomfortable with the line of investigation by the media in the Love Triangle Matter which is on all of us minds.
2) The public interest is quite obvious and understandable.
3) My concern is a violation of the rights of any possible suspect(s) in the matter.
4) INDECOM usually gets involved after a case has the fingerprints of the security forces. There seems to be no such evidence at this time/stage.
5) Disreputable conduct by a public officer in public office can be investigated by INDECOM. Is that applicable in this case?
6) Any violation of the rights of a suspect could cause the court to dismiss any further or future case on the grounds that the suspect (s) cannot be secured as it relates to justice, a fair trial.
7) No one wins in the end. Do we want the courts to throw the matter in the garbage bin? Is that what we want to happen as a media?
This incident has highlighted the need for folks to be sensitive to the impact of their personal conduct. The lawyer for the baby mother Smith has stated that his client has no legal obligation to give a statement to the police. Self- incrimination is illegal and a violation of a person’s Constitutional rights.
Under the INDECOM act a member of the security forces can be legally compelled to give a statement to INDECOM if so requested to do so. To refuse to comply is a criminal offense. The involvement of INDECOM in this case is cause for concern. We have to wait and see if this is legal. (See note #4 above). Smith’s lawyer hinted at this concern in a radio interview monitored by Vision newspaper today July 21, 2022.
We hope the missing social media influencer Donna Lee Donaldson will be found unharmed. We will not hold our breath.
Her mother, one Ms. Lug, has a lot of questions to answer. Was she complicit in this “Nasty” relationship? This is her description of same.
Is this not all surreal? Wow!
Photos from Yard Hype