Reggae Music News

Vybz Kartel Trial: Witness Say Deejays Wanted Him To Leave Jamaica


Yesterday the prosecution main witness, Lamar Chow, continued his damning testimony, giving details on what happened after he and the victim were attacked at ahouse in Havendale on August 16, 2011.

Vybz Kartel’s attorney grilled Chow on the witness stand telling him that he didn’t entered the house and that the dog attacked him outside before Kartel tried to rescue him and was then bitten by the dog.

Tavares-Finson then said that was the reason why Chow accompanied Vybz Kartel to the hospital. But the witness stand firmed to his story.


During his testimony on Wednesday, Chow told the court that on August 17, 2011, a day after the alleged attacked took place, Shawn Storm called him and invited him to go to Guyana because he did not want him to talk to anybody about what took place.

Chow said he agreed, but told Storm that he had no suitcase, to which the dancehall star told him he would get him one to which he did. He said a few days later he got a call from Shawn Storm Campbell telling him to get ready to go and the two later took a taxi to the airport. He said the taxi was the same one that took him, Clive Williams and Shawn Storm to Havendale earlier that week.


The star witness said when he arrived at the airport he was greeted by Vybz Kartel, Moonie, and Sheba. He then told the court that they never got to go on the flightbecause it had already departed.

Chow said he was told to go home and return the Thursday morning but when he went back to Waterford, Portmore the Wednesday night he called his family to come take him out the community.

He said he never returned to the aiport the Thursday morning, and when contacted by Shawn Storm he told him that he was not going to Guyana with them. Chow told the court that Vybz Kartel also called him and ask him to come to Guyana because he didn’t want him to tell anyone what took place.

Chow will be taking the witness stand again today where the defense attorneys will continue their cross-examination.

If convicted, the accused men could face up to 25 years in prison.


For the original report go to

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *